So! Katie's Totally Awesome De-Stressing List
1) De-clutter my room. Check! (Mostly. Oz and Io are enjoying having a whole bed to themselves, instead of sharing it with my clothes).
2) Exercise. Check! (I stopped exercising three years ago when I started working evenings. Beating people up in TaeKwonDo was great stress relief). I walked around the circle yesterday and today with Troy, and started thinking about doing yoga.
3) Talk to a counselor. Check! Appointment has been made.
4) Medications. Check! Lexapro and Kapidex on board.
5) Write. Check! Bloggidybloging, and also just finally started writing in my journal again.
6) Keep up-to-date on homework and studying. Well. Erm. Huh. I'll get back to you!
7) Happy Place (visualization for when I get anxious).
8) Library, to check out books on stress management/IBS/anxiety. I still need to go to the library, haven't been in ages! I miss my books.
9) Play piano. This is harder, as piano makes me think of Grandma. Yesterday when I played, I started getting . . . angry? sad? frustrated? And later that night ended up blowing up at my dad (sorry!) and crying. But I felt better afterwards! Today when I played it felt better.
10) Connect with friends. I miss my friends! They've all gone off to college. Thank god for facebook. (And blogs!) I do have Vicky coming over today, yay!