Friday, May 1, 2009

Disaster Averted

You know those days where you just barely miss a catastrophe? This may not seem that bad to some, but for those trying to get into impacted classes . . . I just barely figured out in time that I had signed up for my next fall's Chemistry and Microbiology classes on different days than I meant to!

I signed onto the college website with my heart in my throat, to see that I chose a Tuesday/Thursday class for microbiology and not a Monday/Wednesday, which would have left me SIX hours of doing nothing in between lecture and lab . . .which would have sucked, to say the least.

I quickly dropped one class and added another (this time correct) one, but I had to make my schedule a Tuesday/Thursday instead of Monday/Wednesday. I will be in school from 11am to 9pm next semester, plus an online class. At least, however, I do not have to try to add chemistry on the first day of classes-I probably wouldn't get in, it's so impacted! To add some spice to this lovely situation, www.ratemyprofessors.com says that my new Chemistry teacher is practically bipolar and likes to make people cry. I am hoping that this is not the case, as Chemistry is not my strong point. Aack. If anyone would like to chime in with stories of how they survived sucky teachers, now would be the time! ^_^

FOUR DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey, darling,

What's your online class?

Are you going to be able to stay awake through an online class? I don't think I would learn as much from one.

Mom

Katie said...

Hey mom! It's a music appreciation class, only 3 units, it should be pretty easy. It may be harder to stay awake in but I decided I would take that risk, since I didn't want to be at school more than I already am on Tuesdays and thursdays. (Already 11-9!) and didn't want to go for additional days.
Love ya!