Monday, November 17, 2008

EDWAAAARRRDDD!!!

I finally gave in to the pressure (from myself!) and bought Twilight, the awesome vampire and human love story novel by Stephenie Meyer. ("Soon to be a major motion picture! Free poster inside!").

The pictures were everywhere. My aunt and cousin were raving about the soon to be released movie. My friend asked me if I wanted to go see it next weekend. It had been like a whole month since I had read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Pick any excuse you like, I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.

When I spotted it for $8.59 at Target I just couldn't stop myself. So now I have my very own brand-spankin' new copy that I barely have time to read . . .I dream of reading it while laboriously working on math, forgetting to study Spanish, or while I'm at work. Last night I stayed up to 11:30 reading up to a "happy part" so I could put the book down without fretting that OHMIGOD EDWARD IS UPSET. WHY?!? Never mind that I technically remember, I HAVE TO REREAD IT TO KNOW FOR SURE.

So yeah. If you haven't read Twilight, push off that rock you're under and prepare to fall in love. You can choose from all the amazing beautiful perfect characters! Edward is the perfect vampire. (Almost too perfect. Annoyingly perfect? Perhaps, but I will bury that thought, never fear!) (Okay, seriously. His character weakness is being overprotective. WTF? Doesn't he leave the toilet seat up too?)

I cannot wait to see the movie this weekend. I hope it is amazing because so many Twilight fans are waiting with bated breath and a sucky movie would....suck. But if it's not? I plan to buy the three next books and console myself with written vampire perfection.


EDWAAAARRRRDDDDDD!!!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Edited to add "Breaking Dawn" and "three more books" instead of two, because I am a sleepy moron who doesn't remember that not every single great book series is done in trilogies. And now that I've said that I can't think of a favorite series of mine that is smaller than a quartet. Damn.