Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Idiosyncrasy Confessions: Procrastination

I am a huge procrastinator. If I can put it off I will put it off. If I can't put if off, I will anyway. If it is an inconvenience I still won't do it. Nagging does nothing to spur me on. Bribes have no effect.

Exhibit A: My house keys. They have been at my friend's house for months because I lost them in her car and then she found them the next day. A few days ago she emailed me and said oops, by the way, forgot to tell you my parents are moving far away and your keys have been packed! (Note, I have had MONTHS to pick them up. And have not.) So! I said okay, cool, send me their address and I'll mail them money so she can ship them to me.

Because of my procrastination, for months now I have not been able to get into my house. I get home from school and nobody is here so I am stuck outside.

I was able to convince Nick to break in for me about three times before he lost patience and said I either need to get my keys or break in myself. So I have been breaking in to my own home. Multiple times a week.

Yesterday, Nick stopped me on my way to break in. He asked how long it would take for me to either get my keys, and when I said I didn't know, asked why in the world haven't you made a copy of the original house key so you can stop breaking in? It will take just a few minutes and, like, a whole dollar.

Quite simply, that is more work than I am willing to do.

2 comments:

Andra said...

HAHAHA!! That is so funny! I can't believe that. It's ok, I seriously do things the morning/night before they are due so I am extremely stressed and pissy and hate life. But then it's over! And I do it again. lol

But woman! Get your keys!

Katie said...

lol I know! I'm thinking "So next time let's be on time!" or "Remember to do this soon!" annnnnd I never do. :) Sometimes I think that waiting until the last second and getting stressed makes you do better work! But only if you time it right! :)