Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 2 of Move It 2011 Challenge

This week I did:

8 miles! and 240 minutes!

The challenge to move it 500 miles and 125 hours this year, broken down in statistics, means I need to do 2 miles and half an hour five days per week for fifty weeks. The time spent on miles can count for minutes.

In that respect I totally didn't do well these last two weeks.

BUT I'm looking at this from the perspective that I'm essentially coming off a year or so in Couchland and working my way up to it.

I'm doing the Couch to 5k workout (when I force myself out of Couchland, that is!) It starts off really easy (my favorite part!) of doing 90 seconds walking, 60 seconds running, for twenty minutes! (I did that on the elliptical and then moved over to the treadmill for 5 minutes running, 5 minutes walking for twenty minutes. That was all meee!)

I'm hoping this week I'll do even better.

If I keep it up, I'm totally rewarding myself with running shoes!

1 comment:

Lisa S. said...

Yay for new running shoes! and all the other good activity and stuff!