Sunday, January 9, 2011

Move It 2011 Challenge--Week 1!

This year I joined the group "Move it 2011", where the challenge is to run/walk/bike/move 500 miles or 125 hours in 2011. 

It sounds pretty scary, considering I've spent the last three years being darn sedentary. But I used to do TaeKwonDo classes three to five times a week, and cardio twice a week. I was in damn good shape! I want that again. 

So, I joined this group, for both miles and minutes. There's no prize if you win or consequence if you don't--it's just a group of about 150 people trying to be active through 2011. Your prize is looking and feeling good. 

So! My first week is done! Let's see . . . 

Week 1 Move It 2011 Challenge! 

Miles: 6 (combo of biking and walking)

Minutes: 90 (exercising in front of the TV) 

Goals for next week: get to my little gym and use it! Go on the treadmill and start to jog! Improve my number of miles and time! 

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Andra said...

wohoo! You can do it! :)

Katie said...

thanks sweetie! You're my inspiration here. You look soooo gorgeous! :)

Andra said...

AWW! Thank you! If you need a little confidence boost or a motivator just let me know :) And I deem it necessary to go dancing more often since it's such a good workout and fun.

Katie said...

Yay! Yes! :)