Saturday, April 2, 2011

Race for the Cure--I just registered for my first 5k!

On May 7th I will be running (at 7:30 a.m., can you believe it?) in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure! I am so excited right now!

You know how a while back I was all chatty about a 500 miles in 365 days thingy? And how I haven't talked about that much? Well, I am still doing it, but only recently started to actually jog and be more serious about it. I had checked that blog and noticed a lot of runners were starting to participate in races! And I remembered how last year I saw one of my friends participate in the Race for the Cure, and how I thought that was a wonderful activity and a great cause, especially since my grandma was a breast cancer survivor. So I searched around and saw that it was actually happening soon near me! It was perfect!

I mentioned it to Nick, and said that I wanted to do it. He was really supportive and said he would as well! ^_^

I invited all my friends to come with me, and so far Andra and Cassie have expressed serious interest and will probably register soon. I hope more will join us but even if they don't, it is going to rock!

2 comments:

Lisa S. said...

You are such a good girl :)

I'm glad you have your racing goal to help keep you motivated and having your friends with you will make it fun (at least after the sore muscles go away).

I just read your blog way back in time. I know I read much of it before, but only rarely left comments because the "google account" sign in was always a pain. Well, I just discovered I can comment on multiple days and I do not have to sign in each time :) Yay for lots of old comments!!

Katie said...

Yay, thank you mom! I will have to spend some time going back to see what you have written now! :)

I'm looking forward to the run! Yesterday Nick and I ran 1.5 miles to the school and then walked back, we were awesome! :)